Wednesday 2 April 2014

Once upon a time canvas with Mona Pendleton

Hi there and welcome to the 13arts blog! I hope you are having a great week! It's Mona here to share a canvas I made featuring a photo of my dear son Jerry and his beautiful bride, April. This photo was actually their engagement announcement photo.
To start, I added lots of texture to the canvas using Ayeeda Acrylic Modeling Paste along with the Gears Stencil. Once dry, I applied a layer of Gesso ~ Acrylic Primer over the entire background including all the embellishments, 13arts Ayeeda ~ Timeless Subtitles, and lace trimming. Once the background was dry, I randomly applied beautiful Ayeeda Mists Pearl Bordeaux " full strength" as well as some that I diluted for a more subtle shade of pink. I applied  Modeling Paste to the pocketwatch frame, allowed to dry, then applied Pearl Gold Paint followed with Matte Black paint:
To add color to the previously Gessoed title, I sprayed using the following 13arts ~ Ayeeda Pearl Mists: Black GraphiteBrown then lightly, applied Pearl Gold Paint:
To complete my canvas, I randomly flicked on diluted 13arts ~ Ayeeda Gesso:
Many thanks for visiting! I hope my tutorial helps provide you with a better understanding on how to create a project like my sample.
Be Sweet ;)

2 comments:

  1. wow! it's really beautiful!
    and what a nice couple :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours. Love all the texture

    ReplyDelete